Thessaloniki Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Thessaloniki Urban Adventures exposes you to an area where holidays can be combined with culture, religion, cuisine and knowledge! Thessaloniki is one of the best places to visit not only for city breaks but also for longer holidays! And that is because Thessaloniki in not only a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to the numerous Byzantine monuments, but it is also a beautiful modern European city full of life!
Our experienced tour guides will be glad to introduce you in our beautiful city through one of our Thessaloniki tours and initiate you in our everyday life through local tastes, cuisine and the hidden markets of Thessaloniki! We are sure that you will enjoy mixing with locals and have a taste of how locals are socializing and shopping!
Visiting Thessaloniki you also have the chance to explore the unspoiled beauty of the nature surrounding Thessaloniki, and of course the extended area, of Northern Greece! Imagine green valleys and areas like Lake Kerkini, Axios Delta, Nestos Delta and Prespes Lake that are some of the most important European wetlands, the beautiful vineyards in Naousa, the major archaeological sites of Vergina, Pella and Phillipi!
The Thessaloniki Urban Adventures team will be pleased to provide you with all the information about those areas and suggest to you tours in Thessaloniki for bird watching, wine tasting, motorcycle and cultural experiences! We are confident about our Thessaloniki tours and services and we believe that we can please all travellers’ expectations as we can even prepare a custom made tour in order to satisfy all interests and cultural backgrounds of Thessaloniki’s visitors!
Thessaloniki and the extended area of Northern Greece will surprise you positively with the wide range and the different accommodation style that we are offering! There is a great number of luxurious hotels, mid-range modern city hotels and of course budget hotels in Thessaloniki. Nature lovers can choose within plenty traditional guesthouses build with wood and stones that offer at the same time all modern amenities and of course Thassos Island is offering a great range of hotels and beach resorts for all budgets!
The Thessaloniki Urban Adventures Team is always at your disposal to suggest to you tours and any other information! Just contact us!
from 3 reviews
From EUR 27.00
Forget airconditioned malls and beige boutiques, join this Thessaloniki tour to shop like the ancients did. Coppersmiths, butchers, fishmongers, and spice traders have been working in Thessaloniki's markets for centuries, and they still are. Meet them for a living history lesson - it's much more fun than ancient history class was in school.more...
Tastes of Thessaloniki
from 3 reviews
From EUR 40.00
What do you get when you combine Greek coffee, pastries and breads, sweets, meze, and ouzo? Apart from a minor bout of indigestion, you also get one of the best introductions into Greek cuisine and culture, all on this tasty Thessaloniki tour.more...
Place: Around the city - [ 01/07/2014 - 30/04/2015 ]
"Laiki Agora" or just "Laiki" in everyday language is an open air market, held in different neighbour every day!Agios Dimitrios name-day
Place: Thessaloniki - [ 26/10/2015 ]
Agios Dimitrios (Saint Demetrious) is the patron saint of Thessaloniki, and the city celebrates this day.Dimitria festival
Place: Thessaloniki - [ 01/09/2015 - 30/11/2015 ]
"Dimitria" is the major cultural event of Thessaloniki, and a large number of events are held in the city during September, October and November.more events...
The great fire of 1917
more... more stories...
31 Oct 2014 Fabulous! The perfect way to explore any destination.
08 Oct 2014 A fantastic introduction to the city of Thessaloniki. My guide Natasha was passionate about her city and especially the different foods. She answered my many questions about the city and culture and enriched my visit tremendously. Thank you!
07 Oct 2014 I regularly take city walking tours and Thessaloniki is probably the best. The tour guide, Natasha, was excellent - she focused on our interests, took time to explain and had the huge advantage of being a native of Thessaloniki. I cannot think of anything to improve the tour or Natasha's narrative. She was very keen for us to enjoy her city and left us with tips on restaurant streets, churches to visit and other things to do during the afternoon. First class. Every traveller needs a Natasha.
17 Jun 2014 Nice walking tour. It made our trip to Thessaloniki a lot more interesting. I really enjoyed coffee at the flower market and people watching..
28 Jun 2013 Tastes of Thessaloniki was one of the first things we did on our trip through Greece. It was the perfect start. We had our guide all to ourselves while we walked from bakery to market to ouzeri. He answered our questions about Thessaloniki and Greece and told us a bit about the town's past and present. He even made a detour to help us find a good road map for the long drive ahead of us. We sat down often and drank and ate a lot more than we had expected. Believe us: This tour easily covers breakfast and lunch. The pace is leisurely, we could take our time walking and eating and we enjoyed ourselves very much. Thank you, Thanasis!
04 Oct 2012 Very well organised.
30 Jul 2012 If you go to Thessaloniki, and have the chance to do this tour with Vicky, consider yourself very lucky!
21 Feb 2011 Good job! I can only recommend it! Enjoy it! ;)
18 Jan 2011 This was a great tour, I ate so many different types of food and I did it the way locals do, which is exactly what I wanted. The guide was fantastic, having a local show you around makes such a big difference - you find out all about the little things that a guidebook or a frequent visitor just can't capture.
Thessaloniki Urban Adventures is a family-run business, driven from our passion for Thessaloniki, Greece, culture and local life! We love exploring the city and surrounding countryside (mostly on our motorcycle) and come close to nature and people!
Feels like: 17°C
Partly sunny. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.